[ALBUM] Josh Milan - 6.9.69 (2017)

OSH Recommended Tracks, EPs, Albums... From Then & Now
NotaPublicado: 24 Jul 2017, 15:54
Imagen

Artist: Josh Milan
Title: 6.9.69
Label: Honeycomb Music
Date of Release: April 24, 2017
All instruments performed by Josh Milan, except where noted.
All songs recorded and mixed by Josh Milan @Honeycomb Music Studio, PA, except where noted.
Photography by Joseph Paradiso · Cover, CD, and digital art design by Adam Cruz.
Executive Produced by Josh Milan and Adam Cruz.
Distributed by The Cruz Music Group, a Division of Mixtape Sessions Music, LLC.

©2017 Honeycomb Music, LLC. All Rights Reserved. http://www.honeycombmusicstore.com

Tracklist
Disc 1Disc 2
Questions (4:15)My Big Brother (3:19)
Blackbird (5:45)It's Love (4:15)
Dependent (5:47)Red White And Blue (8:15)
Fragile (3:52)I Will Wait (7:05)
Here's To Love (5:50)Music Is Love (4:38)
I Wish You Well (5:07)Love Yourself (5:05)
In All I Do (5:13)Our Crown (6:57)
The Bottle (5:38)Lamentations (5:51)
Live Together (3:14)The Lesson (4:12)
Not For Me (4:11)Let It Burn Away (5:39)
Sweet Little Girl (4:38)Anger (4:55)
Questions (Reprise) (3:41)Black Man (7:30)

Buy/Preview: Imagen

Honeycomb Music is extremely honored to present the highly-anticipated debut LP from producer and musician extraordinaire Josh Milan. Not only is Josh the CEO of Honeycomb Music, bringing you such hits as "Your Body," "I Will Wait" and much more, he has spent over 3 years producing and developing this exquisite 24-song collection. A nod to his day of birth, "6.9.69" represents Josh's musical journey, fusing influences from some of the giants of music (i.e., Quincy Jones, Pat Matheny et al.) and creating an incredibly crafted debut LP. Josh's lyrics explore topics of politics, identity, race, relationships and love while his music explores his life-long love of live music. This album is simply inspiring and innovative on every level. Even to describe his work in these terms understates the magic that Josh Milan brings to his debut. "6.9.69" is the kind of album you play all the way through without stopping - a masterful masterpiece!
credits

I want to first thank God. Thanks to my wife Gloria for her love, prayers, patience and all of the sacrifices made for all of this to happen. My mom in-law Anne Laporte for anointing my head with oil and praying for me daily. My Milan, Johnson, and Laporte family. Thanks to Zuleica Martins and her lovely wife Ivette Peña-Martins. Thanks to my attorney Shana Fried of the Fried Firm. Adam & Sarah Cruz and all of the talented family and friends at Honeycomb Music. Thanks to the late Pastor Eugene Walker. Thanks to the talented band. Jeff "Lo" Davis, Quennel Gaskins, Jason Roberts, Reggie Parker, Bernard Belle, Andy Narell, Yasmeen Sulieman, Dawn Tallman for making her way to the studio from 3 states away at a moments notice to help me. Carrissa Henderson, and Don-Corey Washington. Thanks for all of your input, arrangements, intro’s, breaks, and everything else you’ve added to make this project sound the way it does. Thanks to Janine Lyons for the poem, love you my sister. Thanks to Joaquin “Joe” Claussell for supporting my music since the day Honeycomb Music started. Thanks to Louie Vega and the Vega family for being my family and helping me in areas that nobody could see. Thanks to Glenn Thornton and the Slaag family for being supportive from the very beginning. Thanks to Dave Darlington and Nicola Stemmer for truly understanding the vision. I want to thank my mom(the late Reba Alexander Sexton) and dad(the late Jerome Milan Sr) for giving me a life surrounded with music and good times. There's no way I can name everyone who has helped me to this point. There are so many DJ friends and supporters who’ve offered to play my music, and support my jams at their gigs. But allow me thank you, the one reading this. I don't know how this project got in your hands but I'm glad it did. I wish you well. - Josh

Credits:

"Questions" and "Questions (Reprise)" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Drums - Jeff Davis. Bass - Reggie Parker. All Keys - Quennel Gaskins. All sax and flutes - Jason Roberts. Background vocals - Don Corey Washington, Carissa Henderson, Dawn Tallman, Josh Milan. "Questions" recorded by Nicola Stemmer @9 Lives Studio, Jersey City, NJ. Mixed by Dave Darlington @Bass Hit Recording and Production NYC · "Blackbird" written by Paul McCartney and John Lennon (Northern Songs LTD/ASCAP). Produced by Josh Milan Drums and Percussion- Jeff Davis. Bass - Reggie Parker. Rhodes and Piano - Quennel Gaskin. Synth - Josh Milan. Sax - Jason Roberts. Background vocals - Don Corey Washington, Carissa Henderson, Dawn Tallman, Josh Milan · "Blackbird" recorded by Josh Milan @Honeycomb Music Studio, PA. Mixed by Dave Darlington @Bass Hit Recording and Production NYC · "Dependent" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Sax - Jason Roberts. Steel Pans - Andy Narell · "Fragile" written by Sting (EMI Blackwood Music, Inc/BMI). Produced by Josh Milan. Sax - Jason Roberts · "Here's To Love" written by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI) and Kevin Hedge (Music Of Nia Songs BMI). Produced by Josh Milan. Drums - Jeff Davis. Bass - Bernard Belle. Rhodes - Quennel Gaskin. Guitar - Josh Milan. Sax - Jason Roberts. Background vocals - Yasmeen Sulieman, Josh Milan, Dawn Tallman · "Here's To Love" recorded by Nicola Stemmer @9 Lives Studio, Jersey City, NJ. Background vocals - recorded by Kevin Hedge @Bedroom Recording Studio, NJ. Mixed by Dave Darlington @Bass Hit Recording and Production NYC · "I Wish You Well" written by Bill Withers (Golden Withers Music/BMI). Produced by Josh Milan. Drums - Jeff Davis. Bass - Reggie Parker. Rhodes, Organ - Quennel Gaskin. Keyboard - Josh Milan. Sax - Jason Roberts. Background vocals - Don Corey Washington, Carissa Henderson, Dawn Tallman, Josh Milan · "In All I Do" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Drums - Jeff Davis. Bass - Reggie Parker. Piano, Organ - Quennel Gaskin. Sax - Jason Roberts. Background vocals - Dawn Tallman, Josh Milan · "The Bottle" written by Gil Scott Heron (EMI Blackwood Music, Inc/BMI). Produced by Josh Milan · "Live Together" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Drums - Jeff Davis. Bass - Reggie Parker. Rhodes, Organ - Quennel Gaskin. Sax - Jason Roberts. Background vocals - Dawn Tallman, Josh Milan · "Not For Me" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Steel Pans - Andy Narell · "Sweet Little Girl" written by Stevie Wonder (Black Bull Music/BMI and Stein and Van Stock, Inc/ASCAP). Produced by Josh Milan.

"My Big Brother" poem by Janine Lyons. Music written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI) · "It's Love" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Background vocals - Dawn Tallman. Bass Guitar Keith Miller · "Red White and Blue" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Background vocals - Josh Milan. With excerpts of a sermon by Pastor Jamal Harrison Bryant · "I Will Wait" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Background vocals - Dawn Tallman and Josh Milan. "Music Is Love" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Background vocals - Dawn Tallman · "Our Own Crown" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Guitar by Darryl Smith. Bass Guitar by Gene Perez. Background vocals - Dawn Tallman and Josh Milan · "Lamentations" written by Josh Milan, Kevin Hyman (Kemit Muzik BMI) and Luke Austin (Ausound Music BMI). All keyboards by Luke Austin. All Drum Programming by DJ Kemit · "Lamentations" recorded by DJ Kemit at Kemit Audio Labs, Atlanta, GA. Vocals recorded by Josh Milan at Honeycomb Music Studio, PA. Mastered by Adam Cruz at EbbnFlow Studios, Bloomfield, NJ · "The Lesson" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Background vocals - Dawn Tallman · "Let It Burn Away" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). Background vocals - Dawn Tallman · "Anger" written and produced by Josh Milan (Josh Milan Songs BMI). All Instruments and vocals by Josh Milan · "Black Man" written by Stevie Wonder (Black Bull Music/BMI and Gary Byrd (Jobete Music Co./BMI). Produced by Josh Milan. Background vocals - Dawn Tallman. Spoken Parts by 8th grade students from Amanda Frontany's 2015-2016 class, Medgar Evers College Preparatory School, Brooklyn, NY.

Volver a Our Soulful House Recommends